[Live-demo] Re: FW: Question on xubuntu click2try image

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Wed Jan 27 02:51:24 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 11:25 PM, Cameron Shorter <
cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com> wrote:

> Tom,
> How do you recommend we move forward if we wish to start from XUbuntu 9.10,
> instead of 9.04.
>
> I can try to upgrade from 9.04 to 9.10, which should work,  but I might not
> have a clean xubuntu 9.10 at the end.
> Is it straight forward to create a new xubuntu 9.10 base image?

I did try upgrading my Xubuntu image to version 9.10, and it didn't work. I
got a number of permission errors, and dependancy errors, which seem to have
prevented a clean upgrade. (Result is VM called cameron2).

Tom, our development team will be online at 11am Los Angels time:
http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2010&month=1&day=27&hour=19&min=0&sec=0&p1=137&p2=22&p3=240&p4=215

You would be welcome to join us.

I'm currently wanting to work out a way to get an Xubuntu 9.10 image.

Geospatial Systems Architect