[Live-demo] Downloading VM . . .

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Jul 4 10:32:04 PDT 2010

On 07/02/2010 11:05 PM, Hamish wrote:
> Cameron wrote:
>> I've only been distributing VMs so far, because the I
>> haven't completed the full build process through to creating
>> an ISO yet.
>
> sure, I should have specified that I was meaning for the end
> product, not the dev snapshots which should be whatever is most
> convienent.
>

> cheers,
> Hamish

With the current build system it actually takes almost no work to
produce the virtual machine for distribution (In fact this step comes
before the ISO creation). For those wanting a persistent install this is
the best way currently until the "installation" quirks from the live
disc are worked out.

As for the ISO, if we get the full image small enough for USB then a
single image would be fine. There are currently 2 because we dropped the
win/mac installers from the usb version to make it meet the space
requirements.

I have no issue emphasizing the ISO first- "big download button", but
having the optional VM around is good since we have it anyways.

This is always up for change as we work out new build processes and with
each revision of the disc.