[Live-demo] Downloading VM . . .

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 4 18:26:59 PDT 2010

Alex wrote:
> As for the ISO, if we get the full image small enough for USB then a
> single image would be fine. There are currently 2 because we dropped the
> win/mac installers from the usb version to make it meet the space
> requirements.

AFAIU, you can't simply dd a bootable dvd ISO to a USB disk and have it
work. You have to first download the ISO, and then either burn it to
a physical disc or boot it in a VM and then use the "Create USB" tool
to install it there. I could be wrong about that though, I've only tried
the menu entry method.

see also the usb-hdd "binary-images" pulldown at
  http://live-helper.debian.net/cgi-bin/live-helper

and the USB install help at
  http://live.debian.net

(fyi a "debian-gis" entry for the --packages-lists pulldown is in the
works,
  http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.general/153182
  http://blends.alioth.debian.org/gis/tasks/
)