[Live-demo] Creating first 4.0 release candidate

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 18:17:18 PDT 2010

Alex Mandel wrote:
> On 07/05/2010 04:32 PM, Hamish wrote:
>
>>> Should this be labeled as RC1 or as beta1? I'm getting
>>> ready to start now...
>>>
>> my 2c vote would be beta1 at this point, but I'm not too fussed about it.

> I would tend to agree with you that it's roughness doesn't seem to
> indicate a Release Candidate, but that's how we labeled them last time
> so I went with it (Only since I wanted to get the build started sooner).
> We should probably stick to alpha before freeze, beta before release
> date, and rc as the last minute checks before printing.
>
> Does that sound good to others?

Now that we have hit our feature freeze, I suggest that we don't label
the release as alpha anymore.
I'm mildly in favour of moving to beta, then RC, but am also fine with
calling the next release a RC.
Alex, your call.
Could you please ensure that the schedule is updated appropriately:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdE1SYUN3YWJ2N1NpSUczbW9IRWZNclE&hl=en_GB#gid=0