[Live-demo] build artifacts committed into svn?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Jul 6 00:18:55 PDT 2010

On 07/05/2010 10:40 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> I was hoping to help out for a bit today; and am a bit terrified by
> the svn checkout size ...
>
> - gpsdrive_syd_tileset-0.1.tar.gz
> - mapserver-5.4-html-docs.zip
> - mapserver-5.6-html-docs.zip
> - mapserver-gmap.ms54.zip
> - mapserver-itasca-ms54.zip
> - Auckland.osm.gz
>
> So while I can see committing some sample data into the repository -
> it would be muck kinder to download the sample data in a script?
>
> I am also not sure why the mapserver html documentation is considered
> sample data? If it must be committed it may be better un unzip and
> commit the individual files (in the hopes they do not change often?)
>
> Jody

It is under 100 MB, which I guess is a bit much, though once you do the
1st checkout 99% of that won't change.

Technically if you just checked out the bin folder you would have all
the scripts and you don't necessarily need all the other stuff.
The folder name is app-data, which to me is any files the application
needs, so doc files seem to fit under there ok. It does need to be
somewhere easily findable on an osgeo server. We've had problems being
able to retrieve files from other places every time we need to build.

Why we still have 2 versions of it, seems to be oversight.

Thanks for raising the issue, not sure what the solution is right now.
Possibly to move that folder so that everything else can be pulled
separately?