[Live-demo] 4.0 beta3 Online

Daniel Kastl daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Fri Jul 23 08:48:46 PDT 2010

Hi Alex,

Today I tried the VM with VirtualBox on Ubuntu and after your hint with the
toolbox it actually went very smoothly to install it. I remember though,
that some time ago with another virtual machine I couldn't figure out how to
get the toolbox installed, so maybe this became better in newer versions.
Also it wouldn't work for people without an internet connection, I guess.

Thinking of VM users of the LivieDVD it would be probably good to have some
quick manual how to install the toolbox, and if possible it would be nice to
have an initial resolution of 1024x768 instead of 800x600, at least in the
monitor configuration menu (without toolbox installed there is only 800x600
and 640x400 available). Unfortunately I have no idea this is possible or how
to change this.
Because I had this low resolution problem also when connecting projectors, I
think it's common problem with current Linux distributions. If the display
device is unknown, they only offer those almost unusable values. Hopefully
this will change soon.

Daniel