[Live-demo] 4.0 beta3 Online

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Jul 23 19:58:46 PDT 2010

On 07/23/2010 07:19 PM, Hamish wrote:
> Alex wrote:
>> Note the actual build happens on vmware right now. We could
>> state a preference for Vbox though since it has an open source
>> version and include it tools by default. No idea if this will
>> effect people running Parallels. Are the computers for the
>> workshops going to have VirtualBox or some VM software?
>
> fwiw & to add another to the mix, my test enviro is a VM via
> Qemu+KVM (with a supportive CPU). I'm very happy with it.
>

> regards,
> Hamish

I'm actually moving some of my servers over to kvm soon, so I'll be able
to test this, but I highly doubt many end users will use it. I'm
actually hoping after this next release that I'll have a chance to
convert the image to an Amazon EC2 AMI (I'm also installing Ubuntu cloud
which should make it easy) and publish that so anyone can buy/boot their
own instance over the web whenever they want.