[Live-demo] 4.0 beta3 Online

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 24 08:25:40 PDT 2010

Alex wrote:
> I'm actually moving some of my servers over to kvm soon, so
> I'll be able to test this,

see my notes on the wiki re. redirecting port 22 + the no
graphics option to be able to ssh into it headless.
backports.org has the latest version for Lenny, if that matters.
I found it to be remarkably painless if you prefer the command
line.

> but I highly doubt many end users will use it. I'm actually
> hoping after this next release that I'll have a chance to
> convert the image to an Amazon EC2 AMI (I'm also installing
> Ubuntu cloud which should make it easy) and publish that so
> anyone can buy/boot their own instance over the web whenever
> they want.

I don't really care, and I know it's not much extra work to make
it (7zip the byproduct..) but I still wonder if it's more of a
distraction/confusing things versus just asking folks to install
on the empty VM of choice from the main DVD ISO if they want one.

shrug,
Hamish