[Live-demo] Re: Mapserver on the OSGeo Live DVD

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 13:35:31 PDT 2010

Alan,
Thanks for converting the docs, they are looking good. I'll respond in a
separate email with tips about content.

With regards to the behaviour of mapserver icons, I think the icon
should be starting mapserver rather than the mapserver documentation.
(People expect to see a running application when they select the
mapserver icon, not be taken to the documentation)

Eg: Have a look at behaviour of the other Server applications, like
GeoServer.
GeoServer has a start and stop icon. The start will take you to the
GeoServer configuration web site. I suggest doing something similar.

On 24/07/10 04:13, Alan Boudreault wrote:
> Hi Cameron,
>
> I've created the rst file for mapserver overview. The only thing to do now
> would be to modify the link in the Menu Education, which is supposed to open
> that overview (was before the .html).
>
> Thanks,
> Alan
>
> On July 7, 2010 07:31:54 pm Cameron Shorter wrote:
>
>> Alan, I'm planning to completely revamp the documentation building
>> section (which was a bit of a hack) to make use of Sphinx and RST. Jody
>> is building proposed templates now and I'm expecting to present them for
>> review within a day or 2 and be finalised by the end of the week.
>>
>> So I suggest you revisit this question next week and see if it still
>> makes sense.
>>
>> Alan Boudreault wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Cameron,
>>>
>>> I've tested the live dvd rc1. It seems that the descriptions pages hasn't
>>> been updated. It it automatic? I had updated the files in the svn.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Alan

Geospatial Director