[Live-demo] libraries shouldn't be publicly visible on OSGeo-Live

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Jul 29 07:53:13 PDT 2010

All,

Interesting descriptions here . . . and probably not the proper time to zero on this I'll admit, but I've always had a problem deciding whether OpenLayers was a client GUI framework or a LIB, but since you are making that distinction here, maybe my wondering can be put to rest.  :c)

I've used it both contexts, would something like this maybe justify double entry into some category lists?

bobb

>>> Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:

Hamish,
I don't think we should be including libraries on the OSGeo-Live
Overview disk (although we can include them in our repository and
include in the resulting OSGeo list of documentation).

My reason is that we are targeting users, not programmers on the Live
DVD, and adding projects will just water down and confuse uses.

(Programmers won't need the DVD as they will be more likely to download
applications of interest from the internet).