[Live-demo] Openlayers looking very amateur on OSGeo-Live DVD

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 17:32:48 PDT 2010

christopher.schmidt wrote:
> I'm likely to fix this problem more generally in the next
> couple weeks, but fixing the examples at the moment requires
> modifying 158 files individually, and I don't think this is
> the right time to fix the problem.

Hi,

swerving off-topic a little bit, but in earlier days we had set
these firefox preferences:

user_pref("toolkit.networkmanager.disable", true);
user_pref("network.online", true);

would they help / are they still needed?

and fwiw OpenLayers is used by about half a dozen projects on
the disk already behind the scenes; a simple to use demo is
already provided by MapTiler; and if a GDAL quickstart ever
materializes gdal2tiles.py is an easy to get started with demo
of it too.

regards,
Hamish