[Live-demo] OSGeo Live website ready to go Live

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Jun 8 19:42:38 PDT 2010

I've done some tinkering on the website, however there are a few
blockers I could use some help on.

1. The project description template needs to be updated/propagated
I modified the deegree_description to demonstrate and test
a. update css ref to osgeolive.css
b. update banner ref to  ../images/banner.png
c. remove all css embedded in the header (likely a hold over from the
conversion from office docs, and big problem)
d. add class="package" to the opening div tag of the main body text

I think c & d highlights why we can't use office files if we want to
maintain consistent styling, unless we strip out lots of things.

2. Quick question for Cameron and Hamish, the current files for the site
are in svn but there appears to be an .svn/lock on the server so I can't
do an svn up - did we ever setup the auto update and is this why I can't
do it?
svn is http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/website/
current site is http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/ (Not updated yet from
svn)
when ready files will be moved to live.osgeo.org

3. How do we plan to keep these pages in sync with the docs on the disc,
I fixed an error in the VM tools info on the main page in one, do I have
to do it in the other now too?