[Live-demo] OSGeo Live website ready to go Live

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 03:17:37 PDT 2010

> Well so as stated above this is the only blocker from
> switching the site
> over. These docs need to be regenerated, we could do a find
> and replace
> for the header etc in current docs and then worry more
> about how to fix
> the future docs process. (Actually that sounds good, now to
> remember any easy way to batch it, sed?)

yes:

sed -i -e 's|searchterm|replaceterm|' *.html

-i edits file inplace
s/// is the usual vi regex usage, but using | as the sep so / in
 the text doesn't need quoting. add 'g' at the end for multiples.

for *.odt you need to unzip the file first then 'sed -i' on the
internal xml content file, then rezip.

maybe you have to use xargs or 'for file in *.html ; do' instead
of all * files in one command, I forget.

Hamish