[Live-demo] blue wombat desktop background

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 05:49:14 PST 2010

fwiw I don't really care which background we use, as long as it says
"OSGeo" in big letters somewhere on the right-hand side and isn't so bright
and busy that it makes the desktop icons hard to read. so any of the top
3 contenders are fine with me (ie once they get fixed up).

* menu creation for an established user account should be working now,
but it is important that you not be running xfce4-panel or xfce4-session
as the 'user' at the time, as if you are, the modifications will be
overwritten when you log out & lost.

Alex (or anyone else with the 3rc3 VM, can you try -
- to add a new user and log in as them and see if the menu shows up on the
panel?

- while logged on as this other user, su to root and do:

  cd ~user/Desktop/
  # move icons back into top Desktop/ dir:
  IFS='|'
  for file in `find | grep '\.desktop$' | tr '\n' '|'` ; do
     mv "$file" .
  done

  cd /usr/local/share/gisvm/trunk/bin/
  svn up  #  :-)