[Live-demo] 3.0rc4 is online

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 02:11:20 PST 2010

[Geospatial menu]

Alex wrote:
> Yes If I manually add, and select custom it's there.

ok, good. and is it fully populated?

> Although it doesn't know what icon it's supposed to use for the
> menu itself.

that's odd. it should be using
  /usr/share/icons/gnome/24x24/categories/gnome-globe.png

which is provided by the gnome-icon-theme package, and according to the
3rc4 package manifest that's installed.

see if the icon is really installed and that
  ~/.config/xfce4/panel/xfce4-menu-360.rc
has it set right?

(works for me)

> I'll note the cpu monitor if possible should be set to it's slowest
> setting 1 sec updates.

ok, I had it at "Normal" 750ms.

> I'm actually quite surprised all of the speed are quite fast compared
> to Gnome's options but then again Gnome also lets you type it in.

it actually started out as the fastest setting, which is a bit light speed.

> I would also suggest a black background (assuming these can be set in
> the panel code) the white is an beacon that screams missing pixels or
> something.

ok, modified trunk/desktop-conf/xfce/cpugraph-362.rc for both these things
in svn.

[bootstrapping menu edits]
> What about a 1 time run script on reboot that does it before login?

in rc.local? mmmph. possible but it sucks for anyone using a persistent
USB stick install or VM who reboots a lot and decides to customize. and
not a terribly aesthetically pleasing hack; a solution of last resort IMO.

Hamish