[Live-demo] menu screenshot

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 10:38:59 PST 2010

Juan wrote:
> Great job with the top panel, Hamish and Alex. For the sake
> of uniformity, could we add a new submenu called 'Beta
> software' containing at least the icon for 'Unofficial gvSIG
> Mobile for Linux'?
>
> If you give me a couple hints (which scripts are involved?)
> I think I could do it myself.
>
> I think we can do without a 'Beta software' folder on the
> desktop, though.

move xfce-geobeta.directory into desktop-conf/xfce/

probably change Name= in there to just "Beta software" as the
top menu name already says Geospatial.

add your menu to the end of desktop-conf/xfce/xfce-osgeo.menu
    <Menu>
        <Name>Geospatial Beta software</Name>
        <Directory>xfce-geobeta.directory</Directory>
        <Include>
            <Category>Geobeta</Category>
        </Include>
    </Menu>

copy  bin/beta_software/ugvsigmo.desktop into
/usr/share/applications/. I was calling them all like
osgeo-appname.directory.

and finally copy geobeta_48.png to /usr/share/pixmaps/ or
somewhere and make sure the *.directory file points to it.
(maybe the full filename path, I'm not sure; same for checking
that the *.desktop icon file can be found)

no need to do anything in install_desktop.sh, the menu auto-
assembles itself as long as Categories= matches.
(maybe change .desktop to Categories=Geospatial;Geobeta; ?)

Hamish