[Live-demo] LiveDVD and DPI for font-rendering

Klokan Petr Přidal klokan at klokan.cz
Thu Mar 11 09:11:25 PST 2010

Hi everybody,

You do a great work on the OSGeo LiveDVD!

I have a small note:
- when testing the rc4 iso I realized the default resolution is
800x600, which is not much for today standards.
Practically every monitor is able to display 1024x768.

Even if you keep the default at 800x600, I suggest to set on the
LiveDVD a custom DPI for font rendering, via:

Settings -> Appearance -> Fonts

set:

"Custom DPI Settings" set to 75.
I usually turn the "Hinting" to "None" too.

on all monitors the font looks OK and even the small resolutions
provides enough working space for the applications itself.

Best regards,

Klokan
--
http://blog.klokan.cz/