[Live-demo] LiveDVD and DPI for font-rendering

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 19:03:04 PST 2010

Klokan wrote:
> I have a small note:
> - when testing the rc4 iso I realized the default resolution is
> 800x600, which is not much for today standards.

the "default" resolution should be set dynamically by X.org when
it starts, not by the LiveDVD. I've got no idea if it tries to
remember what the build machine was using; that is to be avoided.
(I wonder if we shouldn't just delete the ~user/.config/ dir
before creating the ISO)

> Practically every monitor is able to display 1024x768.

not on my eeePC netbook which I'm using for testing this and
which may people will take to conferences as their "travel
laptop" ..

> Even if you keep the default at 800x600, I suggest to set
> on the LiveDVD a custom DPI for font rendering, via:
> Settings -> Appearance -> Fonts
> set:
> "Custom DPI Settings" set to 75.

again, that should be auto-detected after X.org probes the
monitor. let it do its thing.

regards,
Hamish