[Live-demo] 3.0 rc6 Final Build

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Mar 22 01:31:09 PDT 2010

Hamish wrote:
> Alex wrote:
>> Files are up, after we've tested a little I'll move the
>> folder name to final. http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/3.0-rc6/
>
> dev-
>
> 3.0rc6 added to the download webpage.
>
> new arramagong_3 branch now created in SVN. wget from svn links updated.
>
> ** this means that trunk is open for new development again.
>
> I will tag the 3.0.0 final release after a few days if no error reports
> come in.
>
> Unless I hear an objection in the next 24 hrs I will remove the old
> 3.0alpha-3 and 3.0rc2 VM binaries from the download server to make room
> for the 3.0 Final ISOs to go there.
>
> any interest in a torrent, or is that more trouble than it is worth?
>

> Hamish

The torrent seemed to be more trouble than it's worth since we don't
have a rush of people all downloading at release. It may becomes more
useful down the road. Feel free to remove the old binaries, note that
until we put up the new download mirror for OSGeo that supports files
over 2 GB I think I'll keep the files coming from the server I've got
running, the load hasn't been a problem (Although the mystery downloader
has moved from Russia to Kenya to some other odd place, maybe the logs
are playing tricks on me).