[Live-demo] Re: OSGeo-Live DVD at Where 2.0?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 11:41:44 PST 2010

Allison,
(CCing our OSGeo-Live email list. I'll send a separate email to our
marketing list in a minute).

Re USB version:
Yes, you can put OSGeo-Live onto a USB. We handed a USB version out to ~
160 VIPs at the FOSS4G 2010 conference.

The Linux only version currently just fits on a 4Gig USB thumb drive.
(We have a few extra packages likely to be included in the next release)

The full release, which includes windows installers as well fits
comfortably on an 8Gig USB thumb drive.

Unless you know of a cheap thumb drive printer, I suspect the USB
version will be more expensive for you. However, you may also wish to
include other material on the USB as well, which may make it more
valuable for you.