[Live-demo] Re: ArcheOS and OSGeo-Live?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 14:15:43 PST 2010

  Hello Luca,
I'm CCing the OSGeo-Live list, as there are others who will be
interested and will likely wish to contribute ideas.

I think the next step would be for you to have a look at our build
process and see whether you would be comfortable adopting this process
to build ArcheOS. (I'm hoping you will find it will save you lots of
time and effort, especially as we will help you adopt it).
Our main wiki jump page is here: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc

I expect you to be particularly interested in:
* How to add a project to the build process:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Add_Project

* Our proposed schedule for the next release (in March):
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tMRaCwabv7SiIG3moHEfMrQ&hl=en_GB#gid=0

* Our more detailed and full build process we follow:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Build

Could you please skim over these docs, and let us know whether they
would work in with your goals for ArcheOS.