[Live-demo] Introduction

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 23:19:05 PST 2010

Jonathan,
Welcome to the OSGeo-Live family.

For others on the list, I should mention that Jon and I have had quite
an extensive chat - he lives in the same city as me, Sydney.

Jon is a GIS user, and will be an excellent person to help test the
Quickstarts and verify they are understandable, and they applications
actually work. He has also offered to help take screen shots for the
Quickstarts which will make them significantly more valuable.
(There is quite a bit of work here, so it would be good to have a few
more volunteers help with this testing task, ideally having multiple
reviewers for each QuickStart).

Jon,
There have been a few discussions about creating a "SDI in a Box" or
similar based upon OSGeo-Live, which is a different to the current focus
of creating a DVD being handed out at conferences and workshops.
This will probably fit with setting up a faster, 64 bit distribution.

I suggest you start by downloading the latest 4.0 release of OSGeo-Live
and start playing around with it.
http://live.osgeo.org/
(From memory, you currently have the 3.0 version)