[Live-demo] Propose leaving Quickstart translations till FOSS4G 2011 (Sept) release

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 11:02:23 PST 2010

On 24/11/10 02:19, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
> I'm also wondering about the review and the translations of the
> quickstarts. If we really want quickstarts that are tested by 'noobs',
> and preferably even translated, we could perhaps set earlier
> deadlines? I guess many projects that already have a quickstart will
> not rewrite them completely, so (at least some) could already be
> reviewed earlier.

As Johan notes, our schedule doesn't leave much time for Quickstart
translations for this release.

We still have a lot of work to do to get all the English versions of
Quickstarts up to scratch.
We only have text for half the quickstarts, most don't have screen grabs
yet, and we have not run these quickstarts through the comprehensive
review cycle we applied to the Application Overviews.

I suggest that this 4.5 release in March 2011 we focus just on the
English version of Quickstarts, then get translations in place for 5.0
for FOSS4G 2011 in September.