[Live-demo] Requirements for project logos?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 14:30:15 PDT 2010

  Hamish,
I'm revisiting and updating our definitions of OSGeo Marketing Artefacts
[1] and OSGeo Live build steps  [2] (mainly pointing from the Marketing
Artefacts to the OSGeo Live for the process to create the artefact).

And I'm stuck on our definition of project logos and project icons.
We don't seem to have any consistency in logo size here:
https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/doc/images/project_logos/
Most logos are in png format, but there are some in gif and svg

Also, I can't seem to find the guidelines on how to create a desktop
icon, what shape it should be in, what format, etc. (I'm pretty sure
Hamish pointed me at a wiki page before)
I'm inclined to suggest that we should have these desktop icons in our
svn, as it would be useful for people building derived marketing
material (like powerpoint presentations) to have it all in one place.

So I'd like advice on the definition of what we should be asking for in
our processes regarding project logo / and project icon.

I suspect this will be a preference of svg, with a fall back to png.

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Artefacts#Logo
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Add_Project#Application_Overview