[Live-demo] Translating OSGeo-Live's marketing material - Who is interested?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 17:08:19 PDT 2010

Great to hear the interest.
I've moved our main documentation directories (overview, quickstarts and
standards) into trunk/docs/en/ and I've updated bin/install_main_docs.sh
to build docs in this directory into /usr/local/share/osgeolive-docs/en
on the OSGeo-Live directory.

This  doesn't (shouldn't) effect the existing built document structure,
which I suggest we keep in place until we a stable alternative in place.

This should be enough to get translators working, while we tweak build
scripts.

Still to do:
* Covert index.html to en/index.rst
* ditto for sponsors.html, contact.html, download.html
* Set up sphinx build scripts for these files
* Encourage people to translate these pages too.
* Set icons on the docs to switch between languages
* Write a wiki on how to go through the translation process