[Live-demo] directory structure ready to go

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Sep 9 16:02:56 PDT 2010

On 09/09/2010 03:38 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Cool; I see the directory structure is ready to go...
> - https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/doc/en
>
> Looks good to me; although I am a bit confused as I think that some of the different languages will need different themes (both the navigation and the OSGeo Live title can be translated).
>
> Jody

The navigation is going to be moved into rst format and is currently
inserted via the templates. So we might need to have a template for each
language (just one file not the whole directory).

Here are the languages currently installed on the disc (OS based not all
apps are in these). Also open to slight modification with good reason
(ie a local chapter), the initial choice was based on number of speakers
in the world. These are the iso codes used to pull the language packs in
Ubuntu.

  zh \ chinese
  es \ spanish
  hi \ hindi
  ar \ arabic
  bn \ Bengali
  pt \ Portuguese
  ru \ russian
  ja \ japanese
  de \ german
  pa \ Punjabi
  fr \ french
  te \ Telugu
  vi \ Vietnamese
  mr \ Marathi
  ko \ korean
  ta \ Tamil
  it \ italian
  tr \ turkish

I think we can probably swap out Tamil,Telugu and Marathi for say Thai
(th),Greek (el), and maybe another Eastern European language that we
have more contact with.