[Live-demo] directory structure ready to go

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 14:09:52 PDT 2010

On 11/09/10 18:11, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:
> A very similar tool to OmegaT but on a web fashion is Google
> Translation Toolkit[1]  (I'm sure Cameron will love that :P) . You
> upload the files, you invite people to help translating it and when
> it's done you download the translated files to your disk. It uses the
> same "translation memory" concept so you translate sentence by
> sentence, it has shortcuts... well it's a Google product.
>
> [1]http://translate.google.com/toolkit

I'm very excited by the translation effort, but I'm ashamed to say that
I'm mono-linguistic, and so I will need to play a secondary role in the
translation effort.

What I believe has made our project so successful so far is that we have
documented our processes so well, which makes it easy for others to
contribute. I see that people have already started documenting the
translation process, and I encourage you to continue doing so.

(Note that brief targeted howto documentation described one way, which
works well, is better than a long document which describes all the
possible tools that could possibly be used). Our aim is to enable people
to help without them having to learn too much to get started.

Geospatial Director