[Live-demo] OmegaT and SVN

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 06:52:34 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 13:43 +0200, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:
[snip]

> >> Hi Jorge,
> >>
> >> thanks for the link! I'm looking at it, I will give feedback asap.
> >
> > So far, I managed to set parameters for running bligner, but as the
> > source and target files have different number of lines, it fails.
> >
> > I have to check if OmegaT allows to respect the number of lines while
> > translating - otherwise I don't know if it's better to fallback to a
> > simple text editor, still respect line numbers for SVN diff cleaness,
> > and work with SVN like usual.
> >
> > Ideas?
> >
> > Cheers, and thanks for contribution :)
> >
> > Anne
>
> Well Anne, if you have some translated texts and the aligner and/or
> OmegaT are not suitable for that kind of texts (maybe for html documents
> could be easier) I suggest to go back to manual translation if you have
> a close deadline.
>
> Maybe we can try to improve the translation process afterwards with the
> aim to improve the update of documents and so on, probably asking for
> help at OmegaT mailing list.

Hi,

a compromise can be that every translator uses OmegaT (or the tool [s]he
prefers) to translate an entire file at a time and commit it to svn. The
list of the files currently in translation can be listed in a wiki page
like [0] to avoid concurrent editing.

What do you think?

best regards,
Anne