[Live-demo] OmegaT and SVN

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Tue Sep 14 04:43:05 PDT 2010

El 14/09/10 11:48, Anne Ghisla escribió:
> On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 17:36 +0200, Anne Ghisla wrote:

>>> Hi Anne,
>>>
>>> That's called "aligning" in translation jargon, and it seems that OmegaT
>>> doesn't come with an aligner but looking on the website it seems there
>>> are a couple of developments that you can try. I've never used them, sorry
>>>
>>> http://www.omegat.org/en/resources.html
>>>
>>> Please, tell us if you're successful or not on that task because it's a
>>> very interesting information for other translators.
>>
>> Hi Jorge,
>>
>> thanks for the link! I'm looking at it, I will give feedback asap.
>
> So far, I managed to set parameters for running bligner, but as the
> source and target files have different number of lines, it fails.
>
> I have to check if OmegaT allows to respect the number of lines while
> translating - otherwise I don't know if it's better to fallback to a
> simple text editor, still respect line numbers for SVN diff cleaness,
> and work with SVN like usual.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Cheers, and thanks for contribution :)
>
> Anne

Well Anne, if you have some translated texts and the aligner and/or
OmegaT are not suitable for that kind of texts (maybe for html documents
could be easier) I suggest to go back to manual translation if you have
a close deadline.

Maybe we can try to improve the translation process afterwards with the
aim to improve the update of documents and so on, probably asking for
help at OmegaT mailing list.

Best regards

- --
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas