[Live-demo] Countdown to printing the German OSGeoLive

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 16:55:24 PDT 2010

Thanks Lars,
I've updated the OSGeoLive schedule according to your estimates here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdE1SYUN3YWJ2N1NpSUczbW9IRWZNclE&hl=en_GB#gid=0

I agree, this is a very tight schedule, and we would need to be finished
with translations by the end of the weekend.

I suggest that we translate as many projects as possible, and then
revert to English for remaining projects (I can achieve this in the
build script). Work on your favourite, or most popular projects first.

Intergeo people,
Can we find a way to get the DVDs burned faster? Maybe another company,
or by avoiding the shipping delays by walking DVDs around. Ideally we
would like to have until Sunday 26 September to finish translations and
build a DVD.

German translators,
Can you please reply with what you can achieve by the end of this
weekend, Sun 19 September.
Can you also please note what you could by Thursday 23 September, in
case we can find another printing option.

Other translators,
Can you please comment on whether you think you can get your
translations finished by this weekend, Sun 19 Sept, or in a week, by
Thurs 23 Sept, or whether you would prefer to wait for a later release,
in a month or two.

Alex,
Would you be available to build a 4.1 release this weekend if required?

Hamish and other script hackers,
Do you have time to help build the main index docs (which are now using
rst) in the next day or two?
I can do some of this, but it will be tight for me to get it all done in
the next day or 2, so translators can update the main pages this weekend.