[Live-demo] Spanish translation

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 14:52:43 PDT 2010

On 18/09/10 05:54, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:
> #1 Alginers and OmegaT
>
> I've checked that we cannot use aligners for OmegaT because at rst
> documents paragraphs are broken into several lines so the aligner
> can't work out where the sentences start and end, as Anne told us some
> days ago. I don't want to change (at least without discuss) the
> original English documents so I'll go with manual non-assisted
> translation.

I assume you are just referring to formatting changes?

If there is a compelling case for changing the format of our English rst
docs, I'm open to putting writer guidelines in place, and converting the
English docs across.

What would be involved, and do you think it is worth pursuing?

> #2 Wiki page for help on translation
>
> I've created an Spanish page with some notes to coordinate the way we
> translate, formatting and grammatical stuff, just some notes that we
> can build as translation goes.
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Traducci%C3%B3n_de_OSGeo_Live

Can you please add these links to the translation wiki page, which is
now at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Translate
> #3 Glossary
>
> Aas I've started to translate I've run on doubts about witch exact
> word to use to translate something, so a Glossary to use all the same
> terminology must be necessary, IMHO. I hope we can build a minimum
> common English-Spanish (at least) glossary.
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Glosario_SIG
>

> Well that's all and I've just translated 3 paragraphs of the
> index.rst) but as Lincoln said, I'm sharpening my axe :-)
>
> Cheers

Geospatial Director