[Live-demo] Spanish translation

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 17:20:46 PDT 2010

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:
> #1 Alginers and OmegaT
>
> I've checked that we cannot use aligners for OmegaT because
> at rst documents paragraphs are broken into several lines so
> the aligner can't work out where the sentences start and end,
> as Anne told us some days ago. I don't want to change (at
> least without discuss) the original English documents so I'll
> go with manual non-assisted translation.

a shame, but reST is highly sensitive to newlines and whitespace,
so please(!) do not un-linewrap English pages or add or remove
newlines there, as it will most likely break formatting for the
English version or make the svn diffs very hard to review.

better is to complain to the OmegaT people to make their software
more flexible? aka fix the problem at it's source for everyone
instead of playing whack-a-mole for local symptoms.

thanks,
Hamish