[Live-demo] Disk Space and MapGuide

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 23:56:35 PDT 2011

On 08/04/11 09:31, Brian Hamlin wrote:

> Can we get a jump on reducing the install size of MapGuide OpenSource
> somehow?
> It is disproportionally large compared to just about  anything else

Trevor, Jackie,
We have exceeded the space available on a DVD to store all OSGeo-Live
Linux, Windows and Mac applications.
As a consequence, in the last OSGeo-Live release a few weeks back,
OSGeo-Live 4.5, at the last minute we were forced to remove a number of
Windows installers, and unfortunately, we had to remove the MapGuide
Windows installer due to its size. (The linux based version of MapGuide
is still installed).

With the next FOSS4G 2011 release in Sept 2011, we expect to have a few
new applications added, and we will need to make hard decisions about
keeping our image size in check.
As MapGuide is one of the biggest applications installed, we hope that
you can work with us to see if there is a way to bring MapGuide's
install size down.

Geospatial Director