[Live-demo] pycsw in OSGeo Live.

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 01:34:29 PDT 2011

Angelos,
It is great to see interest from pycsw in joining the OSGeo-Live stable
of quality applications.

My initial feeling is that it would be great to include pywcs in a
future release of OSGeo-Live, but as pywcs is still only at a 0.1
release, without wide uptake yet, it is premature to include pywcs into
the next OSGeo-Live release.

I believe that we have developed a reputation that if an application has
been deployed on OSGeo-Live, then someone can expect that it has been
deployed in many different locations, and tested by many different
organisations. Hence, users can be confident that they will be unlikely
to uncover any bugs by running standard operations.

Feel free to suggest that I have mis-read the project, or argue otherwise.

One option that we could potentially consider is including a pywcs
install script on the DVD, but not call the install script from our
main.sh install script. This would mean that pywcs would not be
installed on OSGeo-Live, but it would be easy to run the pywcs install
script and get pywcs installed if required by an expert. Would this be
of interest?