[Live-demo] Cross reference between OGC standards & OS projects. Is your project correctly listed?

Frank Gasdorf fgdrf at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 1 05:25:26 PDT 2011

@Cameron, this step will help us to
harmonize<http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/harmonize.html> the
cross references to the standard overview documents.

Today (revision 6683 : https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/changeset/6683) I
updated geoserver_overview and there you can see the :doc: directives (in
Implemented Standards section) which uses the headline from the overview
page itself.

:doc:`<../standards/wms_overview>`    and
:doc:`Web Map Service (WMS) <../standards/wms_overview>`

will result into <a href="">Web Map Standard (WMS)</a>

In my opinion we should update it to :doc: instead of relative links with
html string in it like to one of the two mentioned above:
`Web Map Service (WMS) <../standards/wms_overview.html>`_

We should also grep in all rst file (except the on in standards sub folder)
for links to the opengeospatial standards links like :
http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/wms
http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/wfs and so on
and replace these with a OSGeo standard overview page link (:doc:`Web Map
Service (WMS) <../standards/wms_overview>`). All abbreviation without a link
could be update too.

If you need any help to update the rst docs let me know....

A second enhancement from my point of view: Add a link from each standard
page to the standards (overview) page to get an overview and a context for
the user. Would you agree?

Cheers, Frank