[Live-demo] Cross reference between OGC standards & OS projects. Is your project correctly listed?

Frank Gasdorf fgdrf at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 2 00:02:59 PDT 2011

2011/8/2 Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com>

> Peter,
>
> It's a compromise to satisfy the needs of osgeo-live being able to run
> without internet access.

Big point! In organisations with firewalls and proxies it can be hard to get
the xubuntu configured well, even for first time xubuntu/unix users.

> Also I believe the standards overview pages are
> actually written by OGC as a human readable summary which of course can
> include the read more online links. I don't know how many OGC specs
> you've tried to read but if I didn't have wikipedia summaries I'm not
> sure I'd understand what many of them are. Keep in mind the disc is many
> people's 1st exposure to the Geospatial world not just FOSS.

I'm right <http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/right.html>
there<http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/there.html>
 with <http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/with.html> you. The description
in the standard overview documents gives the user, who get first time in
touch with FOSS(4G) and GIS Standards itself, a short summary and additional
references to the original documents at opengeospatial.org