[Live-demo] osgeo-live-5.0beta4-mini.iso : slightly too big ?

Julien Michel julien.michel at cnes.fr
Wed Aug 10 01:56:56 PDT 2011

Le 10/08/2011 10:00, Hamish a écrit :

> thanks for defining the limit :)
Well, I did not intend to define a limit, but if the target is 4 GB USB
sticks, and given the variability of the actual size of the sticks
claiming 4GB on the market, there is a need for some security margin
(which you are of course aware of given the ongoing work on reducing the
final iso size).
>> or are there plans to reduce slightly the file size for next\
>> beta (or final) release ?
> we are working on that right now. the next beta build should be
> quite a bit smaller, but probably not to the 3.2gb goal (yet).
> I hope for at least 3.4-3.5gb, but 3.2gb would be ideal.
A bit will probably do.
>> I could use the 4.5 (which was 3.2 GB large) but then the
>> software will be one year old ...
> (6 months really)
>
> actually as we haven't fixed the menus yet I would recommend to
> give the students the finished 4.5 version.
Well, I intend to use only one or two softwares in the training course,
so if they can be used, I think I'll go for the new version, since I
need the last version of my software for the training. It begins on the
22 of august, only a few days too early to benefit from the final 5.0.

Many thanks for your answer,

Regards,

Julien

--