[Live-demo] 5.0 rc1 testing report

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 07:35:42 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I have been testing 5.0RC1 for a couple of days.
I use a netbook for my tests with 1GB RAM and I use the iso version (loaded
into a usb).

The main problems I have seen so far are:

1. Geomajas takes long to load
2. Ushahidi - using quickstart credentials does not start the application:
Database connection error (FIXED in trunk)
3. Rasdaman - earthlook demo site is not available (FIXED in trunk)
4. atlasstyler - does not open at all from the launcher (Hamish commented
that his copy works ok, perhaps it is an ISO thing...)
5. osgEarth - quickstart guidelines do not work - data not in place (FIXED
if osgEarth data get installed)
6. 52NorthSOS - not working
7. 52NorthWPS - not working
8. 52NorthWSS - not working
For 52North projects, Hamish reported them working on the VM. Can someone
else try from ISO to confirm?

For all other projects that I tested (see in spreadsheet) everything works
great!

I think we are very close to the final version.
Sorry for not being able to help with the build process for this version.
Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it for FOSS4G this year :(

Cheers,
Angelos
--
Angelos Tzotsos