[Live-demo] changeset 7096

maplabs at light42.com maplabs at light42.com
Thu Aug 25 11:11:53 PDT 2011

Johan-

  we found a change in the LiveDVD source that was committed 3 hours ago
This is very alarming.. A change in the repositories at this stage is
potentially destabilizing to all apps.
Do you know that we are in Release Candidate stage of the builds? That
means only the most minor,
or urgent changes are to be committed.

  Apparently the change was intended to pull in GDAL 1.6 fro SAGA GIS..
but, if you read the build logs, you can see
that several apps already pull GDAL 1.6 using existing mechanisms...

  I can hardly imagine a more destabilizing change to the build
process, at this very late date.
Your attention to this is requested immediately. An alternative is to
simply remove SAGA GIS
and all of its changes

--
Brian Hamlin