[Live-demo] changeset 7096

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Aug 25 15:23:41 PDT 2011

On 08/25/2011 11:11 AM, maplabs at light42.com wrote:

> Johan-
>
>   we found a change in the LiveDVD source that was committed 3 hours ago
> This is very alarming.. A change in the repositories at this stage is
> potentially destabilizing to all apps. Do you know that we are in
> Release Candidate stage of the builds? That means only the most minor,
> or urgent changes are to be committed.
>   Apparently the change was intended to pull in GDAL 1.6 fro SAGA GIS..
> but, if you read the build logs, you can see
> that several apps already pull GDAL 1.6 using existing mechanisms...
>   I can hardly imagine a more destabilizing change to the build process,
> at this very late date. Your attention to this is requested immediately.
> An alternative is to simply remove SAGA GIS
> and all of its changes
>
> --
> Brian Hamlin
> GeoCal
> OSGeo California Chapter
> 415-717-4462 cell

Johan,

I think we just need clarification on what the change does. After
looking at your repo I see you don't have gdal in there and are just
pulling an alternate build of SAGA. If this has 0 effect on other
packages then it should be safe.

The whole GDAL libtiff thing has been a little confusing and really hard
to tell if a fix is in place that works for all apps. Anyone know if
QGIS can open geotiff ok with GDAL 1.8?

I'll wait a little bit (1 hour) before starting the next build in the
hopes that someone can explain this out - otherwise we'll have to revert it.