[Live-demo] osgeo live documentation as a booklet/handout

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 23:11:10 PST 2011

Thanks Hamish and Cameron for the pointers.

I tried compiling using the make latex instead of the direct pdf via
rst2pdf.  The output is much better.  I had to create a separate
index.rst as the source of the toctree to do this.

Some concerns:

1.  It is not advisable to automatically generate the pdf by globbing:

.. toctree::
    :glob:

Since the output pdf won't have the logical order of pages.  I propose
we create a separate for rst for each language for the pdf generation.
 (Or an automated way to do this.)

2.  Running pdflatex, I get lots of errors for gif and png images like this:
 LaTeX Error: Unknown graphics extension: .gif.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.632 \includegraphics{usb_penlinux_licence2.gif}

3.  The project and osgeo logo are always on the last page of the
preceding project page.  Unlike in the html where it is on the
upper-right corner.

--
cheers,
maning