[Live-demo] Re: OSGeoLive for FOSSGIS Conference in Germany and Linuxmagizin

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 14:36:57 PST 2011

Astrid,
As suggested, I'm CCing this response to the osgeo-live list...

Comments inline:

On 04/02/11 08:18, Astrid Emde wrote:
> Hello Cameron,
>
> we are running the preparations for FOSSGIS 2011 in Heidelberg [1] at the
> moment. Similar to the FOSS4G we will have a lot of workshops [2]. For the
> workshops we want to take - if possible -  OSGeoLive 4.5.
>
> Do you think we will be in time with the schedule [3] which plans
> 14/03/2011    OSGeo-Live 4.5 sent to printers?

I've set up the schedule to ensure that OSGeo-Live is ready for FOSSGIS
(and similar conferences at that time).

So yes, I'm fully anticipating OSGeo-Live 4.5 to be ready for FOSSGIS.

> We also have a request for publishing OSGeoLive 4.5 in the Linuxmagazin
> 05/2011 [4]. Which would mean about +-5000 reader (german language). Would
> this be ok?

This would be excellent. I'm very excited by the prospect.
I'm assuming you will work out a way to cover the costs of printing.

> What do we have to pay regard to?
It would be good to credit the many people involved in building
OSGeo-Live. We can discuss details about how to effectively do that (and
not become boring) at a later stage.

> I think it would be quite
> nice to spread the software.
Yes, very much so.

> I first wrote to you to get a first feedback. But we could discuss this in
> the list too.

I'll also add that now would be a good time to mention any specific
requirements you may have for OSGeo-Live, if you need them.

Also, you may wish to sponsor/influence/provide the artwork for the
desktop background and DVD cover.

> Astrid
>
> [1] http://www.fossgis.de/konferenz/2011/
> [2]