[Live-demo] V4.5 Alpha2 build started

Eike Hinderk Jürrens e.h.juerrens at 52north.org
Wed Feb 9 07:19:37 PST 2011

Hi Alex,
thanks a lot for your work. Just great to see thinks started working out.

I have a question regarding the set-up of the default tomcat listening
to localhost:8080:
Is it possible to define a user in /etc/tomcat6/tomcat-users.xml like this:
[...]
    <role rolename="admin" />
    <role rolename="manager" />
    <user username="user" password="user" roles="admin,manager" />
</tomcat-users>

This would enable the user to start and stop services using the tomcat
manager webapp. An easier tool than the commandline.

In the current version, the 52North SOS start script is not moved to the
web services folder on the desktop and not available via
Gnome.panel->Geospatial->Web Services.
Anything missing from my side? It is still on the desktop.

Feel free to comment.

Kind regards,
Eike

--
Eike Hinderk Jürrens
52° North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
E-Mail: e.h.juerrens at 52north.org
Fon: +49-(0)-251–396371-33
Fax: +49-(0)-251–396371-11
http://52north.org/
General Managers: Dr. Albert Remke, Dr. Andreas Wytzisk
Local Court Muenster HRB 10849