[Live-demo]Does your app work on the new OSGeo-Live V4.5 Alpha2?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 03:11:54 PST 2011

Thanks for this status. (I realise there were a number of people who
contributed)

I've forwarded this email onto each project contact, and have asked
people to fix their scripts within 48 hours. After that, I think we
should lock down the versions for all applications, and only accept bug
fixes. Hopefully Alex should be able to create his next release around
then too.

On 11/02/11 10:26, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> [...]
> Deegree --> Still in 2.x version
> GDAL --> later version (1.7.3) than proposed (1.7.2) but seems it
> would be great to have 1.8.0
> Geonetwork --> Version completely outdated. The installed version
> (2.4.2) is older than the one installed in OSGeo Live 4.0.1!
> Mapfish --> still in version 1.2 instead of 2.0
> Openlayers --> still in version 2.9.1 instead of 2.10
> Osgearth --> still in version 1.4.1 instead of 2.0
> OSSIM --> installed version 1.8.3. Need to update to 1.8.6 since this
> was used in OSGeo Live 4.0.1
> uDig --> installed version 1.2.0 instead of latest 1.2.1
>
> All applications were tested if running, but quickstarts not tested in
> this review. Web services were tested with GetCapabilities only.
>
> Regards,
> Angelos
>

> On 02/06/2011 01:50 AM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
>> I'm looking for volunteers to help us determine which applications
>> have been installed successfully on the latest OSGeo-Live build.
>>
>> In particular, we need to keep track of which version has been
>> installed successfully.
>> Who is available to try out applications on the latest VM? At some
>> point, a representative from each application should run their
>> application on the VM and confirm it works as expected. We will ask
>> for more comprehensive testing after our UAT deadline of 21 Feb 2011.
>>
>> I've written up the process to follow to collect status here:
>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Review#Application_Review
>>

>>   Application Review
>>
>>     * Download the latest ISO or Virtual Machine from
>>       http://live.osgeo.org/dev/build
>>     * Virtual Machines will need to be uncompressed with 7zip for
>>       windows <http://www.7-zip.org/> or 7zip for unix
>>
>> 7z x file.7z
>>
>> For each application:
>>
>>     * Verify that you can select the application from the pull down
>>       menu.
>>     * Find out what version of the application has been installed,
>>       and insert the version number into the "installed version"
>>       column of the Status spreadsheet
>>       <https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdGIzd0VLLTBpQVJuNVlHMlBWSDhKLXc&hl=en_GB#gid=8>
>>
>>     * Run the application and see if it works. If the Quickstart
>>       exists, try following the Quickstart instructions.
>>
>> Note any errors that you find in the issue tracker using the following:
>>
>>     * OSGeo-Live issues are reported here:
>>       https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/report/10
>>     * Set "Component" = "LiveDVD"
>>     * For "Keywords", add the base release number, and the
>>       application id used in the Status Spreadsheet
>>       <https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdGIzd0VLLTBpQVJuNVlHMlBWSDhKLXc&hl=en_GB#gid=8>.
>>       Eg: "4.0, geoserver". Don't use "4.0rc1, geoserver".

>>> Came out better this time, still some work to do of course. Logs an vmdk
>>> file are up. We also now have a stable url to help you get the latest
>>> dev build when they become available. It's a redirect for now but should

>>> Alex
>>

>> --
>> Cameron Shorter
>> Geospatial Director
>> Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050
>> Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254
>>
>> Think Globally, Fix Locally
>> Geospatial Solutions enhanced with Open Standards and Open Source
>> http://www.lisasoft.com

> Angelos Tzotsos
> Remote Sensing Laboratory
> National Technical University of Athens