[Live-demo] Barcelona.osm.bz2

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 19:43:44 PST 2011

Daniel wrote:
> In install_osm.sh in line 136 sample OSM data is downloaded
> and saved as "Barcelona.osm.bz2".Every installed software can
> make use of it, so pgRouting does for example.
>
> My question is: Wouldn't it be a good idea to not call
> it "Barcelona.osm.bz2" but something more generic like
> "sampledata.osm.bz2"?Maybe not for this release, but probably
> for the next one for FOSS4G in Denver it might be renamed
> to "Denver.osm.bz2" and every software that makes use of the
> data has to make changes in the install scripts, manuals, etc..

I could have sworn we were already doing that, but I guess not.
I've just added a symlink which creates a file called
  /usr/local/share/data/osm/Sample_city.osm.bz2

which other scripts and docs can use in future as a stable
filename. For the upcoming release though I wouldn't risk
touching otherwise functioning scripts at this point. But any
quickstarts using the filename might get started. AFAICT
that's just OSM's own one & I've just updated it.

Hamish