[Live-demo] Image for the GDAL overview

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 18:35:41 PST 2011

> > Cameron wrote:
> > > I'm also toying with creating a wordle image of
> > > the words.
> > > http://www.wordle.net/
> Hamish:
> > that's a great idea.
> > maybe a dark/light red image on top with GDAL words.
> > with dark/light blue image directly below with OGR
> > words.
> hmm, the wordle site doesn't let you specify frequency,

yes, it does, on the "advanced" page.

grep -v '^#' format_freq.dat | tr '|' ':' > format_freq.prn

split up into two gdal and ogr files, then paste format_freq.prn
into   http://www.wordle.net/advanced

well at this point I need to have java installed, but that's on
another machine. over to you...

if someone normalizes/caps the number of hits for generic format
names I can easily calc red/blue hex colors to attach them to
the "weighted words with hex colors" advanced option.

Hamish