[Live-demo] Fwd: One week till OSGeo-Live Feature Freeze

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 14:56:37 PST 2011

Javi wrote:
> I volunteer as OSM(Open Street Map) maintainer. Not sure exactly
> what it means being 'maintainer', but I'm involved with OSM, so I
> can try it...

excellent! mainly it is just keeping the overview and quickstart docs up
to date, perhaps expanding the quickstart guide as you like.

One thing I'd like to do with the install_osm.sh script that we're not
doing now is to include Osmosis, the OSM command line swiss army knife.
For 5.0 there will be official ubuntu packages, but for 10.04 AFAIK you
have to wget http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~bretth/osmosis-build/osmosis-latest.tgz
and then edit the copy of the launch script in /usr/local/bin to hardcode
where its support files will be installed on the disc.

cheers,
Hamish