[Live-demo] FOSS4G GeoMoose Install Script

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 16:34:54 PDT 2011

On 2/07/2011 3:07 AM, Bob Basques wrote:
> All,
>
> I (we) have an install script for GeoMoose.  See attached.  (Are we
> supposed to add to the list at :
> https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/bin/ ourselves, or ),
Yes.
You will also need to insure the script is called from bin/main.sh
Add to the END of the list of applications being installed, so if there
is a problem, you will not stop other scripts being run.

> the script is not complete (yet), but does get an instance of GeoMoose
> up and running.  Additions of the LiveDVD datasets into the interface
> still need to be built, but this should be as easy as setting up some
> MAPfiles.  Also, was wondering if there was a ledger of what is
> available on the DVD already.
We don't have a list of WMS services or similar, although that would be
a good idea.
I suggest looking at what mapserver provides, as it doesn't need to
start up a memory intensive java instance (like GeoServer).