[Live-demo] RE: MapGuide on LiveDVD 5.0

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 04:42:44 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 1:21 PM, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm very reluctant to have documentation on OSGeo-Live for an application
> which is not included.
> Note that OSGeo-Live is being handed out to first time users, and if us
> developers find it hard to install the application, then newbies will find
> it even harder.

Hard to install on ubuntu. Which in fact could be solved by running a
virtual machine with centos running mapguide, which is not an option
for a live dvd.

In fact, we can update the overview [0] to limit to red hat/centos and
windows (or whatever is appropriate), instead of 'linux and windows'.
And specify that this is the reason why it is not included on the live
dvd.

[0]http://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/mapguide_overview.html