[Live-demo] RE: MapGuide on LiveDVD 5.0

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Thu Jul 7 06:42:52 PDT 2011

Hi Johan,

Ubuntu is a significant distribution and we currently support it by deb packaging CentOS 5 binaries.  It's not a great solution but it did work for Ubuntu 9 and 10.  With Ubuntu 11, the package differences between CentOS 5 and Ubuntu 11 are too significant for this approach to work.  This has forced us to finally move to native compilation on Ubuntu 11.

It will simply take time to fix up all the third party dependencies and update the build procedure to be Ubuntu 11 compatible.  I am moving the process forward in my off hours.  To hit LiveDVD 5.0 timelines, I would need to work on it full time.

So I wouldn't say "hard to install on Ubuntu".  It's more like "haven't got around to compiling on Ubuntu".

Regards,
Trevor